How to Access your Delegated Sponsored Account
There are three different ways to access this account:
- Through the Outlook Web Client:
- From a browser, log in with your Digital ID at outlook.utahtech.edu
- Then you will need to click on your profile picture in the top-right corner
- Click on “Open another mailbox” and type in the name of the account
- Through the Outlook Desktop Client on Windows:
- The account will show up with in the next 5 minutes on the left-hand side of the client with the rest of your inboxes and folders
- Through the Outlook Desktop Client on MacOS:
- With Outlook open on your Mac, Click on “Tools” on the very top options bar near to the Apple icon
- Then go to “Accounts…”
- Click on “Delegation and Sharing”
- Click on “Shared With Me”
- Click the “+” button
- Type in name of the account, it will show up as the Display Name of the account
- Click on that account and it will check your permissions and add it into your desktop app
Send As and Send on-behalf Access
Most sponsored accounts are set up with Send As access initially, but some users would like Send on-behalf access.
If that is the case, reach out to Riker Evans and he will set up that access for those who need it on that sponsored account.
If you are receiving errors in your Inbox saying:
"This message could not be sent. You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user."
"This message could not be sent. You do not have the permission to send the message as the specified user"
Contact Riker Evans as the account does not have Send As or Send on-behalf access set up.
How to Manage Access to Delegate Access to Sponsored Accounts.
This is all done by Riker Evans in Information Technology.
Any changes to access must be approved by the supervisor over the Sponsored Account.
When any employee changes happen, please reach out to him and he will make any access changes.
This can be done by preferably by creating a ticket and reaching out to him or sending him an email.
HCC 597 N