- Go to Settings and more … > Settings > Site permissions
- Select Pop-ups and redirects
- Click the Block toggle to on
- Pop-ups should now be blocked
- Click the hamburger menu button in the top-right corner, and choose Options.
- Choose Content in the left-hand side.
- Tick Block pop-up windows to block pop-ups, or untick to allow.
1. In the very top left corner of your screen, select Safari and then Preferences
2. Along the top, select Websites and then Pop-up windows from the left-side column
3. In the bottom right, set When visiting other websites to Block, Allow, or Block and Notify
4. If you want to set pop-up blocker settings for one website specifically, have that website up in your browser, then follow the same steps. You will see a list of the websites you have open, and then you can change them individually.
1. Chrome will block pop-ups by default, and if it blocks a pop-up, the address bar will display this icon
2. Click the three dots in the top right and select Settings
3. Click the Advanced dropdown and select Privacy and security
4. Select Site settings
5. Select Pop-ups and redirects
6. Toggle the pop-up blocker on the top to block or allow all sites or add specific sites to the Blocked list or the Allowed list
Norton Internet Security/Firewall Pop-up Blocker
To disable pop-up blocking in Norton’s Internet Security/Firewall, do the following:
Bring up Norton Internet Security’s/Firewall’s main window. This can be accomplished by opening the Windows Start menu, selecting Programs (or All Programs) and then Norton Firewall. A window like the following should appear:
- Click on the Ad Blocking line.
- Click on the Turn Off button.
- Close the window.
Once this is done, then you should be able to use the online system properly. Once you are finished using the online system, you can go back into the above window again to turn on the pop-up blocker.
Pop-up Blocker Test
Below is a link (use at your own discretion) which will help you determine if you have a pop-up blocker installed or enabled. Once you click on the link it will open up a pop-up window. If it does not, you have something blocking the pop-ups or a possible issue with java.
Click on the Multi Pop-up Test link