How to Migrate Emails from Dmail to Utah Tech Outlook
Open the Outlook Desktop App
- This process is only available through the application and not through the web client
Step 2 - Connect Dmail account to Outlook
Click "File" in the top-left corner
Click the "Add Account" button below your account
You will now need to sign into your [email protected] account or this can also be done with any gmail account
Follow the prompts given to you to sign into the account
If you are trying to sign into your @dmail.dixie.edu account, you will be prompted to sign into you @utahtech.edu account, and it will reroute to your @dmail.dixie.edu account
You will also be given this prompt, Click "Allow"
You have successfully logged into your dmail.dixie.edu account if you can see the inbox on the left in Outlook
Step 3 - Export Emails
Click "File" again
Click "Open & Export
A new window will open
Select "Export to a file"
Select "Outlook Data File"
You will want to select the folder that is named [email protected]
- Ensure it is not just the inbox for the dmail account, you will want to migrate everything, unless all you need is just the inbox or specific folder.
Make sure to save the file somewhere where you can find it easily, we will need it in the upcoming steps
Make sure to name the files something you can easily understand as well
It will ask if you would like to put a password in the file for extra protection, if you find this necessary, please do it
If you don't need a password, leave both fields blank
Step 4 - Create Folder for Imported Emails
Right-click on your account email in your Outlook inbox
Click "New Folder"
Name the Folder to an appropriate name
Click on the new folder you have created
This will be important for following steps
Step 5 - Import Emails
Click "Open & Export"
Select "Import from another program or file"
Select "Outlook Data File"
Browse to where you saved the Dmail Emails
You will have two options here:
- Import items into the current folder
- This will place your Dmail Emails into the new folder we created in Step 4
- I recommend this option as it separates your Outlook inbox from your Dmail inbox
- Import items into the same folder in:
- This will place the emails into the corresponding folders that your Dmail has
- This will mix your two inboxes
- If you choose this one, make sure to Select your @utahtech.edu account and not the @dmail.dixie.edu account.
This is what it will look like if you migrate into a folder
Initially you won't be able to see any email in the Inbox
This is because there are some Outlook Filters applied that won't show Gmail Emails
To fix this, Click "Filter applied" in the bottom-left of Outlook
A new window will pop up
Click "Clear All"
This will allow you to see the emails in the folder
Step 6 - Disconnecting you Dmail Account from Outlook
Click the "Account Setting" drop down
Click "Account Settings..."
Select your [email protected]