SPSS is for Windows Only
The campus license agreement grants SPSS usage for teaching and learning, see below for more details.
1. Skip this step if your computer will only access the software from on campus. If you are off campus you will need to first download and install the GlobalProtect VPN client. Off campus, SPSS will only work while connected to the VPN. Click the VPN link for the instructions to install the VPN client. (VPN client install)
**NOTE YOU MUST BE CONNECTED TO THE VPN IN ORDER TO USE SPSS FROM OFF CAMPUS
2. Go to our SPSS Download Link and sign in to download the installer for SPSS.
3. Once you have downloaded the installer, Double Click it to run the installer.
4. Click Yes when prompted.
5. The program will then install.
6. When the installation is finished an icon will appear on the desktop.
Academic Use Definition From IBM:
Campus Value Option License Grant & Restrictions
If Licensee acquires a license to use the Program(s) listed in Section 3 under the “Campus Value Unit” licensing model, (“CVU License”) as indicated by the notation “Campus Value Unit” in a Proof of Entitlement (“PoE”) for the Program, the following additional terms and conditions apply:
- Campus Value Units are calculated based upon the number of full time equivalent students (“FTE”) of Licensee’s institution and the projected number of users during the fixed term specified by the start and end dates on Quotation Number 17186224 (“Quotation”) that accompanies this Addendum and as indicated in the PoE for the Program. “Full Time Equivalent” or “FTE” students are defined as the sum of full time enrolled students plus one-half of the total number of part time enrolled students.
- Licensee may use the Program(s) listed below only during the fixed term specified in the Quotation and on Licensee’s PoE.
- Except for Home Use, Licensee may use the Program(s) listed below without restriction as to quantity during the applicable fixed term.
- Licensee may only use the Program(s) listed below for teaching and non-commercial academic research on computers owned or leased by Licensee. Non-commercial academic research means research by degree seeking students and faculty members where (i) the results of such research are not intended primarily for the benefit of a third party; (ii) such results are made available to anyone without restriction on use, copying or further distribution; and (iii) any copy of any such result is furnished for no more than the cost of hosting, reproduction, and shipping. Any other use including but not limited to university administration and operations is strictly prohibited.